Home |  Forum |  RSS

Forum

Anh Thu Vo - Fri Feb 17 08:42:18 UTC 2017 Fri Feb 17 08:42:18 UTC 2017
Hello,

How to do correctly an import Gantt Project into Eclipse?

When I create a 'gradle test project', I become for exemple 'application, build setup, build, ... help' folder under the test project

But when I import the source code of ganttproject-master into Eclipse such as:
FILE > IMPORT > GRADLE : Existing Gradle Project

I just have build-setup and help under the ganttproject-master, the 'build folder' were not created.

Could you please help me.

Thanks in advance.

AVO

p.s. can I add a screenshot
4 answers  
Dmitry Barashev - Fri Feb 17 12:49:19 UTC 2017 Fri Feb 17 12:49:19 UTC 2017
You can use the instructions from http://docs.ganttproject.biz/development.html which are valid for the latest sources from `BRANCH_2_8_X` (not applicable to any previous releases and not yet applicable to master branch)
Anh Thu Vo - Sun Feb 19 11:26:48 UTC 2017 Sun Feb 19 11:26:48 UTC 2017
Hello Dmitry Barashev,

Thank you very much for your reply. I've tried to build the project in Eclipse Neon.2 following your instructions but:

- When I import as Eclipse project: General > Existing project...
I became a lots of error messages (also after ignore Java FX). The Eclipse project did not find its own jar-files / intern dependencies.

- When I import as Gradle Project: Gradle > Existing Gradle Project
I became no error but I just got the root project, have no build folder. Gradle knows just the root project.

How should I do? I hope you have a little time for me.

Thank you in advamce & have a nice sunday :-)

Dmitry Barashev - Tue Feb 21 18:16:19 UTC 2017 Tue Feb 21 18:16:19 UTC 2017
I just've updated the instructions on Eclipse setup [1] to make them more clear and removed Linux-specific things from the basic command in build.gradle. We have tested the updated instructions on Linux and Windows and they do work, at least we managed to start GanttProject by running runApp task as described in the docs [1]

[1] http://docs.ganttproject.biz/development.html#building-and-running-from-eclipse
Anh Thu Vo - Thu Feb 23 15:54:05 UTC 2017 Thu Feb 23 15:54:05 UTC 2017
Thanks for great project. It workd already.